Monday, October 27, 2008

One Step at a time

It's the title (I think) of a song I like. But right now it means more to me, ok i'm gonna go off here on kind of a deep tangent I know very unusual but bear with me. Sometimes we want things to be ok all at once and know that everything will work out, that we'll be ok. I think sometimes it's a plea for a security we really crave but don't have enough of, or feel we don't have enough of, whether it be love or something else. But would we really enjoy life if we knew how everything worked out in the end, I know that sounds nice many times, but I think i'm finally starting to get it, we need to take life one step at a time, it's the process that makes life worth living, going one step at a time yes we will stumble, we will fall, and we will bleed heck that's all just part of life, but you know what if we get back up and keep going no matter how heavy we feel we'll make it. Part of life is also learning to trust in our saviour to help us carry our burden, I definitely know that I am very guilty of trying to carry my burdens without any help, but I have to trust that he wants to and is always ready to help me, he's always there and waiting with arms wide open. I think we also spend time wishing we could go back, who knows maybe that's just me, but no matter how much we may wish it we can't go back. We have to move forward no matter how scary it is. You know what I'm scared stiff, I hate this I don't want to move one step forward, especially one giant step. However I'm going to be ok, yeah it's gonna suck for a while, but I can't wait it's an adventure I love adventure and I can do it I know I can I need to rely on the savior a little more, but I'm going to be great, there's something, new and exciting waiting for me, I have no idea what it is but I can feel it, and I can't wait to meet it, the one thing I can do is enjoy what little time I have left here, about a month and a half, I can enjoy and learn to cope. My family is going to do incredible, and I wouldn't miss one step of this for the world. Now al I've got to do is keep telling myself this. I think I'm done with my novel for now cause that was a really long post.

3 comments:

Weston Family said...

Dang - that was a very long post. Yeah, life is just an amazing adventure and learning to enjoy the moment is a rare talent. Perhaps, you will cultivate just such a gift. I truly believe that the best is just in front of you.

Kricket said...

I truly believe that it is the journey not the destination that makes life interesting. I love change! Sometimes I feel scared but usually I get pretty excited when I know things are going to be different. And, you're right, we need to learn to trust the Savior. He will make our burdens lighter if we believe in Him and let Him guide us.

Ginger said...

Scary? Yes! Exciting? Yes! Go with it, you are going to learn to love the new as much as you did the old. It is getting easier because you are not the same person you used to be - you are so much better,you have grown so much. Get ready for new heights!