Sunday, March 8, 2009

Moms rule

Life is full of changes! My little redhead is now a member of the Air Force, awaiting high school graduation for basic training. What began as an innocent comment a month ago has blossomed into a path. I'm still a little stunned, but readily acknowledge God's help in showing us a good and maybe even a wonderful life choice.

David recently wrote and told us he wasn't transferred this go around. Well, we were! At church today, we got a new bishop and then were transferred to another ward, along with several families within our subdivision. We've only been going to the Sahuarita 1st ward for 2 months and now we will be going to the Cienega ward. Pros: The church is only 8 or 9 miles away instead of over 30, it starts at 10:30 instead of 8:00, and we accidentally went there when we first moved here, thinking it was our ward. So we have a little familiarlity with this ward. Cons: We will miss the 1st ward! The man they put in as bishop is awesome and we had made some nice friends. We're moving again and we still haven't moved into our house. So I'm released as assistant camp director and Elizabeth is no longer Laurel secretary. On we go!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow! A new ward. Maybe now you will feel settled in and get to know people. I am sure no matter how great they are, we are better. Don't forget that, you need to come back for a visit. I can hardly wait to see where they put you. I hope it is not in the nursery. Karlie Draper had her baby yesterday and we spent the last 3 days helping Laura Legner packing up for her move. I have decided it is too much work to move so I will have to stay put forever. Congrats to Elizabeth, good luck at basic training. I hear that will put hair on your chest.

Kricket said...

How exciting! I'm so stoked for Elizabeth. That's so great!!! Congratulations!

Yes, and my move was horrible-bleh. But, it is finally over except the UN-packing.