Sunday, August 16, 2009

Phoenix in the Fall

Bruce swept me off my feet and arranged for us to stay in Phoenix as an early 24th anniversary celebration. Elizabeth will be leaving for the Air Force just before our true anniversary so it's now or never. We stayed 2 nights and a day and a half in a 2-bedroom suite (Bruce is platinum) in the Marriott. We did a temple session, shopped (I'll have to tell you about Bruce trying on pants in the ladies dressing room - I swear, I didn't know), saw "Julie and Julia (quite good - loved Meryl), and ate at "Haus Murphey" which is a German restaurant in Glendale (Imagine eating Sauerbraten and listening to a tuba and accordian playing polkas!). We also walked through one of the biggest outdoor stores I've ever seen (complete with 8 foot aquarium, indoor stocked stream with manequin fisherman, and pistols that made me want to get my concealed weapons permit) right next to Toby Keith's bar and grill in which he was performing. Good times and a good idea!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I haven't been up on the blogs for awhile. I will do better. Sounds like the anniversary was a huge success. I love polka music.

Nicole said...

Sounds amazing! What a much-needed getaway that must have been!

Weston Family said...

Ginger - now I know why I like you. Polka music -----

Nicole - ready to pop?

Kricket said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun. I'm jealous. I'm planning a spa day this weekend - desperately needed. Hopefully V and I can get away before the little Gila monster is born.

Oh, btw, Nicole had an almost 10lb baby in the bathtub!!! Not literally, but she had the baby at home. Impressed??? I was!

Weston Family said...

If I were having a 10 lb baby at home, I'd choose the tub. Less cleanup.