Monday, July 27, 2009

When the bishop wanted to talk to me yesterday before church, I assumed I'd be getting a call into Young Women's. I loved camp, the leaders are becoming great friends, and I know and love the girls. I was totally shocked when they asked me to be Relief Society Secretary. In fact, I had to go into the bathroom after saying yes and regain my composure. Doesn't look good to cry when you're being sustained! God's ways are not my ways, and this is where faith and obedience come in.

BTW - Abbers was wearing a jacket to school this morning in 100+ heat. When I asked her about it she told me that the classrooms are freezing. This is the Tuscon Irony - Hot outside, cold in the middle. Kind of like cooking a steak too quickly.

4 comments:

Kricket said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better I got called to YW and have no idea what I'm doing lol. Maybe you can give me some pointers?

Weston Family said...

What are you doing in there? You really are a natural with the young women. You love so easily and that's what is most important with them. And a swift kick on occasion!

Kricket said...

LOL! I hope so. I feel like I might lead them astray with some off-handed comment. I'm really nervous. I'm doing personal progress so I guess that's a good introduction as any to YW.

Ginger said...

I think you do belong in Relief Society. You have something special that the sisters need to learn. Wait until they find out what a good teacher you are. You will be there til you are too old for YW, so adjust!