Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ok so i've been thinking deep again, I know it's scary

So I heard part of this quote once on "Akeelah and the Bee" and I really liked it, and then I was reading a bookmark my mom has that has the quote on it, and I started thinking about it, the quote is:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.We were born to make manifest the glory ofGod that is within us.It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,we unconsciously give other peoplepermission to do the same.As we are liberated from our own fear,Our presence automatically liberates others.
—Marianne Williamson
I think this quote is actually surprisingly accurate for some of us, I think sometimes we do get scared of being great or even just good. Why is that? Is it because we're scared? Because if we acknowledge that we have strength we can't hide behind our facade of weakness? Is it because we think that if we're great people expect too much of us? Maybe it's because if we choose to be great we have to find ourselves, maybe we've been living behind a mask in a way of speaking for so long, and are so comfortable with that, that we don't want to be uncomfortable. Maybe we know that it takes courage to let ourselves shine, we know that we have to trust in ourselves, and even let people in, and that is kind of scary for some of us. I won't lie, I'm not the best at letting people in, pretty good at keeping them out, but not so good at letting them in. I don't know why, maybe I'm scared of getting hurt, cause when I let people in and then loose them it hurts too much, maybe that's why. But I think it's ok, I think it is just fine to let ourselves shine, it's awesome to admit that we are special, that we have more strength than we know, it's ok to let our true selves shine, sure this doesn't mean that we won't get hurt again, but we will be ok, if we get up, put a smile on our face and keep on going, we can make ourselves into the wonderful people that we were meant to be, when we ask Heavenly Father to help us anything is possible, we can let our light shine, we don't have to be scared. Ok I think I've rambled enough, I was just thinking about this and thought I'd post.

3 comments:

Kricket said...

There's a lot to lose and a long way to fall when you're one of the lucky ones.

Weston Family said...

Yes, this is my daughter, the blossoming philosopher. Whoa!!

Kricket said...

Haha! Well, she's a teenager. What'd you expect?